Saturday, April 18, 2009

cleaning up

kaleb is a horizontal toy player...meaning that he can't just stay in one spot and play with his toys.  he spreads them all over one space and instead of cleaning up and then getting new toys out to play with, he leaves the mess and goes to find a new, cleaner spot to spread more toys.  our whole house is covered with his toys.  covered.  lately, he has been throwing major tantrums when i ask him to clean up.  i tell him to pick up some cards and he cries for almost a full half hour before he finally realizes i'm serious about throwing them away if he doesn't clean up.

today i wanted to vaccum the upstairs level, which is all of the bedrooms.  i tell kaleb that he has to clean up his {horrendously messy} room and anything left on the floor with go in the garbage.  minutes later i peek in his room and think, "wow, he really cleaned up good"  and then i step into the room and see this:
a bunch of toys stacked on the bed.  apparently these are the ones he isn't finished playing with yet.

so i laugh to myself as i vaccum and then i go into my bedroom (it was full of his toys as well.  horizontal toy spreading i tell you) and the floor is spick and span but the couch...
again, he isn't done with these yet.

i didn't know whether to yell at him or to snuggle him for being such a smarty pants.  should be interesting when he tries to climb into bed tonight though.

3 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

He's too smart for his own good!

get moore outta life said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY! I know I really miss you too, thank goodness for blogs or I would never know what anyone is up too. I can't wait to see who #3 looks like that is really exciting the time is almost here, you look really great preg--and not many do so that is a real compliment! I would LOVE to borrow those books, my working schedule is crazy, so if you go to orem or anywhere out here give me a call and I'll come meet up with you.

Amber Miyake said...

Erin- I saw your blog linked on somebody's blog so I had to take a look! Your kiddos are so dang cute!! And I was cracking up - seriously- when I saw that he put his toys on the bed & couch! At least he didn't leave them on the floor! What a smartie!! Your family is adorable, and you look so cute! :)
Amber (Mecham) Miyake :)