Friday, June 01, 2007

Milestones

All kids hit milestones while they are growing up...rolling over, crawling, getting teeth, talking, etc. Those are all great and exciting, but possibly the most exciting milestone just occurred in our home yesterday.

******CAUTION: BODILY FUNCTIONS DESCRIBED BELOW******

Kaleb says to me, "mom, i needy go poop." This usually means that he has already pooped in his diaper and that he is ready to be changed (he does NOT like to have poo on his bum very long after he poops, he lets me know.). So I check his diaper and there is only one little dapple of poop in there so I ask if he wants to go poop on the potty. He says yes and I tell him to hold the poop in while I am holding him, running up the stairs to his bathroom. I strip him down, put the Elmo seat on the potty and slap his bum down on there and I tell him to go poop. He tries...no results. I ask if he is all done and he tells me, "no, i not all done." and he starts grunting, trying to force it out (prompting me to chuckle at the grunting, hehe).

This time his efforts work and he is so thrilled to actually be able to see his own...waste...exiting his body into the toilet (I was pretty thrilled about it too though, I must admit!). He finishes, we get him redressed and I promptly throw him in the car and head to Walmart to get him some presents! ("i has some pessents peas mom.)

And now, two new trains, a kidsongs CD and some big boy underpants later, he continues going potty on the toilet. He did it last night before bed, he did it this morning when he woke up, and I am hoping the trend continues. YAY, yay yay yay yay!!

Life without diapers, now that is a milestone I am definitely looking forward to!

1 comment:

Alyssa Coberly said...

this is indeed a great day in our nation!! hehe ... congrats on the potty training - im sure i will be calling you here in a few years and be like "now how did you get kaleb to go poop on the potty?"