So I have decided not to put it off any longer...I am ready for Kaleb to be potty trained.
I am just going cold turkey (meaning going straight to underwear, no pull ups, and hoping that the feeling of being wet will motivate him to go in the toilet), a method my sister Malissa used on her little Avery. This morning, after Kaleb woke up and had breakfast, we got him dressed and I asked him if he wanted to wear big boy underpants. Of course he says yes and so on they go. About 45 minutes later I ask him if he need to go potty....the conversation went like this:
Me: Kaleb do you want to sit on the potty and go pee?
Kaleb: uuummmmmm, no, i'n peein' right here.
He then looks down at his manhood and gives it a little grunt and sure enough he pees right there in his pants.
I let him sit in his own pee for a few minutes and then go and get him changed. I remind him that if he needs to potty to tell mommy and I ask him every 10 minutes if he want to use the big boy potty, everytime he says no. Half and hour later, he says, "ma, i'n wetty"...once again I let him sit in it for a few minutes and then get him changed, giving him the same reminder...this happened 4 times this morning.
So the last time I changed him I said to him, "if you need to go potty tell mommy, okay." As he is skipping away from me to play he turns around, smiles and say, "Nope."
On a positive note:
1. Today is laundry day...I just keep throwing the wet pants into the next load...but what if this happens tomorrow, I don't do laundry any day but Monday???
2. Kaleb is sleeping right now, which means I got to put him in a diaper for a couple hours. AAAAhhhhhhhh! ***breathing a sigh of relief***
3. When Kaleb peed on the carpet he wanted to clean it up himself!!! Now if I could somehow just restrict him to the tiled floors for the rest of the week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment