Sunday, June 28, 2009

riding

we have started our fun summer wednesday activities with my family again this year. we decided to get to the horse back riding sooner in the summer so it wouldn't be so hot. it was still hot. and my allergies were killing me that day. i felt like i'd been pummeled by a giant wave (you know that salt water in the nose, eyes hurting kind of feeling) that morning but my kids loved it so i guess it was worth it.

lyla riding with her cousin ty. this girl has no fear!

kaleb got to ride all by himself. he also let lyla ride with him but i didn't get the picture.

lyla and i.
she kept blowing raspberries at the horses because that is what a horse says! (raspberries = blowing spit with your tongue out...hence the tongue in all the pics)

my dad also hooked up one of his buggies and gave everyone rides around the block.
you can see kaleb in the front seat.

and luckily i get some cute pics of my kids every once in a while. this is one of them. i love his sweet face peeking through the fence slats.

it is so much fun to get together with my family and let the kids play. and a super big thanks to my super dad who was nice enough to get all the horses ready and put up with all of the kids' demands!

2 comments:

Riley & Savannah said...

Looks like so much fun! I miss you too, and I'm so sorry I'm such a horrible friend. I need to come see Baby Grant! I love you!

leksa said...

I got one almost like the one of Kaleb except its Lyla! I'll have to show you sometime its the cutest pic ever!