but today has been a good day. he has been a sweetie; helping me vaccum, helping me do my hair, running errands with me and then falling asleep on the way home (this may have been the best part). and now i look at him and he looks like this:
all comfy sleeping on MY new comfychair that he has marked as HIS new favorite place to sit. what is it about nap time that makes me love my kid so much (um, i dunno, possibly the silence?!?).
so here is the question of the day for all you wise mothers-of-more-than-one-child: are you sure i am going to like baby#2 as much as i like kaleb? you keep telling me that i will but are you sure? cause i like this kid more that just a lot.
so here is my ode to kaleb, while i am still only thinking of him and not him+baby:
kaleb: you are the funniest, cutest, sweetest little terror that i've ever met and i love you. you know that quote that says something like real friends know everything about you and still like you (obviously you've never heard that quote but someday you will), that is you my little buddy. even when i am impatient with you and yell at you and don't play with you as much as i should, you are quick to forgive and you still love me. i could go on and on but just to sum it up: you are my best little friend; i love you and don't ever want to imagine how dull life would be without you.
oh and p.s....please keep taking naps everyday, thanks!


3 comments:
Erin, you are the cutest mom in the whole entire world! I hope that one day I can be as good of a mom as you are.
Erin-
I think every mom goes through this and I can now tell you that yes, you will love another baby just as much! In fact, I can't get enough of Addison, and I think I love Payton more now that Addison is here because with another baby, there is just more love to go around. I don't know how it works, but it just does. I remember thinking the first week Addison was home how overwhelming life seemed, and now I am so excited to have more babies! Children are miracles. Definitely enjoy your moments with Kaleb these last few days, but know that there are many more to come.
~Suz~
This was the sweetest thing. I cried thinking about it. I am kind of nervous too about a new child. I cannot wait to see what "baby tickle" looks like!
Post a Comment