Monday, September 03, 2007

funny things

here are some of the random, funny things that people have said to me this weekend:

***Kaleb points to his belly button and says to me, "what's this ma?" I say, "that is your button." He replies, "yeah, i has a baby in there." ...Apparently while trying to make him understand that I have a baby in my tummy he now believes that everyone else does too.

***I called my 88 year old grandma and asked how she was doing. She says, "i'll be fine once i finish bottling these darn pears." She then explains to me that the pears had a few worms in them and that after digging out all of the wormy parts her fingers are numb. She then says in a jokingly serious way, "hopefully the lord will take me away before the pears come next year." I laughed a lot. If you knew my grandma you would laugh too.

***My brother and his wife were up from cedar city for the weekend. While talking to her i asked when they were going home because the family was going to get together for dinner on labor day evening. She says, "we can't stay until dinner...we need to be back home by 7 because chris (my brother) has to go to obedience school."........huh?!? how do i get my husband signed up for that class? It seems that the class is actually for their dog and it is chris's turn to take her!

***and finally, while playing playdough with Kaleb he went ahead and dropped half of his dough on the floor. He then looks at me and says, "get it for me ma." I say no and tell him to get it himself. He then says to me...and this is now his new answer for everything he is too lazy to do..."I can't get it, i'n just too little."

1 comment:

Alyssa Coberly said...

dear kaleb - im officially stealing your good idea of being too little and using it for my hubby when i dont want to clean my apartment (hehe)

i love how you write how he would say it ... totally cracks me up!