Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Strawberry Jam

On Saturday I decided to make some strawberry freezer jam all by myself. I have made freezer jam before with my mom but I really wanted strawberry this year so I decided to go for it. My sweet mama offered to come and help (and I should have just waited and let her) but I decided to do it on my own for two reasons:

1. My mom was out of town this weekend and I wanted to do it now! As my husband so sweetly reminds me, I rarely leave room in my schedule for the plans of other people. So of course, I bought the strawberries on Friday and couldn't wait until mid-week to make the jam, duh!
2. I thought to myself...if my mom helps me make the jam, does that mean I have to share? Although she reassured me that she didn't need any jam I didn't want to run the risk of her changing her mind and if she helped, I would have felt obligated so...

I made the jam solo mia...

...And can I just say it turned out yummy! So if any of you out there are craving some, as Kaleb would say, "deeleshush" jam, don't come to my house...I don't share well!

1 comment:

Alyssa Coberly said...

oh sakes - i have totally been wanting to make freezer jam ... that looks so good!